Inventory and Logistics Officer
The inventory officer handles the material management responsibilities that include acquisition of the material, merchandise, items, etc., and its proper distribution with in-bound and out-bound logistics as per applicable procedures and assigned authorizations.
The purpose of this position is to ensure that optimum levels of inventory are maintained and that it is at par with quality standards. He/she is also responsible for keeping a track of the inventory records and making sure that it is accurate.
Responsibility for all inventories and fixed assets in Netcom Warehouse in Victoria Island and oversight over Netcom Warehouses in the Regions.
Key Duties / Responsibilities
· Responsible for treating Store Requests for inventorial items and Internal Transfers for fixed assets.
· Responsible for attending to deliveries & returns to the Warehouse.
· Responsible for preparing Purchase orders, receiving, storing, issuing of goods, managing the stock levels and giving out the supplies from the stock, provide reports on inventory, fixed assets and logistics activities.
· Responsible for preparing month end stock count activity and report activity to manager and financial reporting team.
· Responsible for processing and controlling movements of hardware in/out of the Warehouse/cabinets with appropriate sign-off of Equipment Release and Return forms as well as updating product BIN cards to ensure 24H real time update and reconciliation of ERP and physical items.
· Responsible for supervising delivery/offloading process, the subsequent arrangement of merchandise, material, etc., and consignment so that it can be accessed and identified easily.
· Responsible for ensuring that a secure storage space is allocated for all incoming equipment; in particular that the store is kept neat, tidy and organized; all goods should be kept in appropriately labelled designations and marked space with correct labelling showing designation to a client.
· Responsible for coordinating logistics and overseeing pickup and delivery of hardware by service providers.
Education and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree in relevant fields.
· Certification in Warehouse & Inventory Management is an advantage.
· Minimum of three (3) years experience in Inventory and Warehouse management including enterprise resource system for stock movement, is required.
Essential Skills / Knowledge / Trait
· Good MS Office – Outlook, Word, Excel & Power-point is required.
· Ability to coordinate and organize own activity.
· Ability to work within set deadlines.
· Technical Knowledge of IT hardware – able to read equipment codes, different between models, estimate weights and sizes.
· Analytic – able to interpret and communicate changes in own space for timely decision making.
· Presentation – able to make and present business data from own activity.
· Agility – quick in adapting to changes in requirements.
Desirable Skills / Knowledge / Trait
· Collaborative work style, leadership skills and the ability to take proper and logical decision and action based on facts and desired result whenever any difficult situation arises.
· To enjoy clerical and administrative work with good planning and numerical skills.
· Methodical approach to complete assigned work and strong attention to detail.