Technical Procurement Officer
Processing of purchase requests and purchase transactions (and contracts) of equipment, materials, capital goods, and services for client related projects and internal, leading to cost effective and timely quotations and deliveries of required specification and quality, including the logistics.
Vendor transaction management from purchase request to payments and vendor relationship and performance management of qualification, registration, and changes.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
· Process purchase requisitions and purchase orders.
· Contact vendors and interview them to determine updated products availability and terms of sales.
· Conduct comparative analyses on supplier quotations.
· Participate in the selection of suppliers based on specification, price, delivery time and other criteria.
· Review and evaluates the performance of the suppliers.
· Verify that the order value is within the applicable approved quotation or budget.
· Ensure the timely delivery of materials and equipment at the lowest possible cost.
· Coordinate with the warehouse and inventory officer regarding receipt and issuance of procured items.
· Processes the necessary retirement/clearance documents within set target timeline after completion of transactions.
· Submits final invoices with applicable supporting documents and approvals to Finance Department for payment processing within the set target timeline after completion of transaction.
· Submit regular reports of vendor survey and weekly reports on processed and pending requests, and others as per requirement.
· Prepare, maintain, and review purchasing files, reports, and price lists.
· Follow, suggest improvements and escalate non-compliance of communicated procedures, administration, reporting and guidance.
· University degree in Engineering/Science
· Procurement and Supply Chain related certifications are an advantage
· 3 – 5 years in similar role within the IT industry
· Knowledge and ability to verify and communicate regarding technical specification requirements
· Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
· Strong negotiation skills
· Good planning skills
· Strong problem-solving
· Administrative and analytical/numerate skills
· Good geographical knowledge
· Interpersonal/communication/presentation skills
· Time management & result focus
· Cost management skills
· Strategic sourcing skills
· Project management skills
· Financial acumen
· Risk management skills